Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Time In Between

As many of you know, for me, the past year and a half has been a season of waiting on the Lord. While that may not seem like a long time, I have to tell you that sometimes I want to throw up my white flag in defeat, and I lose hope that there will be an end to the waiting. On those days I know it is absolutely vital that I get in the word, get down on my knees and allow God to fill my empty cup. The past few weeks have been a bit of a struggle but today I heard a precious reminder, through song. A reminder that God IS faithful, He WILL complete the good work He has started, He is good ALL the time, and His promises ARE true. The "wait" is not to be wasted. It is an invitation to grow deeper in my relationship with Him and to learn the lesson(s) He is trying to teach.

Sometimes you just need a little reminder :) If any of you are in a season of waiting, maybe you can appreciate these words as much as I do!


“Don’t take much for this crazy world
To rob me of my peace
And the enemy of my soul
Says you’re holding out on me
So I stand here lifting empty hands
For you to fill me up again…


But it’s the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what you’ll bring
And the things that I can’t see
I know my song’s incomplete
Still I sing, in the time in between”

Time In Between
By Francesca Battistelli

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie! What a great reminder. Thanks for being so transparent and such an awesome friend. Your encouraging words to me have been much needed on so many days. You are a ray of sunshine in the lives of the people that are around you. :) Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete